Monday, December 12, 2005

Lit

I was sitting at a traffic light in the left turn lane waiting for traffic to clear so I could proceed. A motorcycle cop was across from me, also waiting to turn left (in the other direction). Surprisingly, he turned his flashing lights on. I thought maybe he had seen someone do something something dangerous or who was speeding.

The traffic coming toward me cleared. He then proceeded to not return to the straight lane and pursue whatever he saw, but rather he made a right turn all the way from the left turn lane. He had to cross two lanes of traffic to turn into a different strip mall. I watched him as I turned in behind him, wondering who or what caught his attention to make such a turn. Oddly, he circled the parking lot, nonchalantly.

I'm thinking I observed something crazy. But I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps something was radioed to him and he had to scope out the parking lot.

Then, the brilliance of this came to me! I wish anyone who has a habit of making crazy turns into traffic - or who weaves in and out of traffic - or who pulls out in front of oncoming traffic - I wish these people would have warning lights they could flash just like this cop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home